My desktop at home has mirrored drives, but none of my laptops do, and none
of the systems for family members do.

My daughter has had two drive failures on different systems over the past 5
or so years -- both on laptops -- but as her data is stored on our SAN,
there was no real data loss to speak of.

I wouldn't bother with mirrored SSD.

Oh, and my wife keeps hundreds[1] of browser windows open as well.

Regards,

 *ASB*

​[1] aggregated across all open browsers.  50+ is considered light browsing
for her.