Do you have to set scavenging on reverse lookup zones, or do you have the
"Update associated pointer (PTR) record" checked?  I'm getting some issues
where the PTR record will either hold onto an old IP, or will not delete when
the forward zone record is cleaned.  My aging/scavenging settings:

On the server:

Scavenging is enabled under Properties, with a 7 day scavenging period.

On the Forward zone:

Aging is set, with both No-refresh interval and refresh interval set at 10 days.

On the Reverse zone:

Scavenge stale resource records is not checked.

By the way, the forward records do NOT have the "Update associated pointer
(PTR) record" checked.  Not sure why not.

Joe Heaton
Information Technology Operations Branch
Data and Technology Division
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife
1700 9th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA  95811