From: Michael B. Smith
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:01 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] New blog post: Windows Speculative Execution
Client/Server Patches/Mitigations/Detection Summary

None.

Microsoft says it’s “minimal but dependent on customer workload”. This is
confirmed by what I’ve seen posted on twitter so far. A couple of percentage
points.

Linux is seeing a minimum of 5% performance reduction and as high as 23% (so
far). It may, for once, finally be true to say: Windows is faster than Linux. ☺

(Paul Thurrott is gloating about this on twitter.)