We had the same prices, but HUGE lines and even a couple of station were shown on the
news as "tapped dry".  The fact that 3 AG's (OK, TX and MS) reported issues with it
yesterday, implies it did occur, but I didn't see anything but the long lines
personally.  So, not the bulls**it you thought, but not quite the big deal that some
of "us" thought either.

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/12/01 08:46AM >>>
For those of you who posted RUMORS of gas lines and rising prices for
gasoline, consider yourself part of OUR enemy. PLEASE, PLEASE post only
information that you personally know to be factual. So here are the facts
from the Northern Suburbs of Chicago, where our gas prices are among the
highest in the U.S. I reported yesterday that a gas station near my office
was at $2.09 for a gallon of premium on my way into work yesterday morning.
However, when I went out for lunch, the price had DROPPED to $1.99 per
gallon. After all the RUMORS yesterday and the fact that I had less than a
quarter of a tank of gas in my car, I was somewhat concerned. But at 5:00PM
that gas station near my office was STILL at $1.99 per gallon and to my
surprise, NO LINES! I figured that since I pass several gas stations on my
way home, I'd take a chance that the RUMORS were bulls**t and wait to fill
at the station near my home. Well, every gas station I passed had the same
pricing as in the morning and there were NO LINES to be seen. Finally, I
came to the gas station near my home, and the price of gas hadn't changed
and there were NO LINES, so I pulled in and filled up as usual. So for those
of you who are willing to pass rumors and join our enemies in battle, I
suggest you have an opportunity to leave the enemy and rejoin us  who are
lucky enough to live in the greatest land of all. And the way to do that is
to check the facts before posting erroneous information and contributing to
what could have been a real panic in the U.S.

Murray F. (how long will I have to use this signature so as not to be
confused with Murray B. in Canada)