Hi folks,

I think if you use POP3 client on Windows CE machines (Tripad and Clio etc.)
to connect to Exchange 5.5, you would have to leave SMTP relay open-to-all
on Exchange server, otherwise users can not send out emails. In other words,
this Exchange server is open to abuse by spammers.

This is so because Windows CE does not have a settings for SMTP
authentication on its POP3 client. It does not even have setting to change
SMTP port# from default 25.

Tell me I am wrong... tell me I am ignorant. Better yet, tell me that there
is a workaround for this. If not, tell me I am right and make me sad...

Jay
Jay Kulsh
CCNA, MCSE+I, CCA