On Tue August 2 2011, you wrote:
> What's the OS of the server? I had a similiar issue recently, although
> Dell has renamed the BMC to iDRAC, and needed to update the firmware
> via Service Console on my ESX 4.1 server.
>
> If it's windows, download the firmware update package for the BMC, apply
> it, reboot and see if that works out.

Yeah... I already downloaded the latest firmware (I think) and applied it. I
have not rebooted... doing that now.  Server is 2003 R2. I'm not wanting to
remote into it, the BMC supposedly has some sort of terminal emulation
which will allow things like power-cycling or rebooting or shutting down
the server w/o using the o/s. That's all I'm interested in doing.

--
Thanks,
John Aldrich