Got one word for the group...

Mevio

What is it and why would someone want it on a machine.

So far I'm finding info saying it is a virus (and I tend to think that's
right) and some conflicting info suggesting that it is something related to
iTunes and is a music and/or video playing source and software.

To the best of my knowledge, this "mevio" was not invited into this machine
by the owner, I'm just trying to get it out of his way. It keeps popping up
and wanting to be installed/validated. This machine also has reportedly
been found after being idle overnight to be playing music out the speakers.
They said it was like a radio station. Also, the process = iexplore.exe is
always running without Internet Explorer being in the applications area in
Task Manager or on the task bar. It does appear to have "arrived" at about
the same time as a virus (trojan = AV Security 2012) that at this time
seems to have been erradicated. Ultimately, I think this, being an older
machine will probably get refurbished with a wipe & reinstall before going
back into permanent service. But, in the meantime, I'd like to get the guy
working without the interruptions.

Think I'll uninstall IE9 for a while and let him use Chrome, as IE seems to
be the app that is causing the trouble, or IE has been compromised and the
malware is causing the trouble through IE.

Ass always, thanks for the thoughts and help.
Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland, LLC