I have reservations that the .NET version would effect performance - it
would either break or fix an issue.  In my experience, Quickbooks
performance is usually effected by network performance/configuration
settings (typically on the server) - as per the reasons that others have
already sited.  I would recommend systematically going through all
configs/service settings to make certain that they are optimal for your
environment.  OS filesystem settings should be involved.

Next, I would take a look at the database itself: Size, objects, etc.  You
may have reached a performance threshold in the database.

Question:  Did the performance issues start to occur after a server update?

--
Espi