This is a good base.

I don't post screenshots or scripts from work.  I do modify anything
scripted to be generic (note, I have occasionally messed up but fortunatly
work naming standards are generic).

I started mine as an experiment, then it became a notepad for myself and
when I found stuff to write it up and send to my friends.  Later it became
part of my stuff for Drupal and now it's back to my big notepad mainly
PowerShell but it's going to start moving into SCOM.

The stuff you write is in search engines and Internet archives.  So
definitly remember that.  Taking stuff down has a limited effect.  Some
other random thoughts

a.  If your blog engine has the ability, set a time out on commenting.
Comment spam generally tries for older unmonitored posts.  It also cuts own
on unwanted support requsts.  My post comments lock after 2 weeks, but mine
is also back to being a low traffic site as I don't post regularly.
b.  Find a name for yourself.  Semi-generic if posible, your writing will
shape your site more then your name and I certainly had no idea my present
site would survive as long as it did.  Domains are cheap and most blog
sites have a way for you to use your own domain name.

c.  It is great when you search for a solution and get your own site.  :)

d.  if you explain something to people more then twice, you have content
for a blog post.

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org