Will the Windows client let you "telnet <ipaddress> 22" ?

From: Richard McClary [mailto:richard.mccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 9:41 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SSH (PuTTY) session from Windows2008R2

Greetings!

We use PuTTY for SSH sessions to manage various devices.  An issue has recently
been discovered by us here...

We have no problem logging in to our Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch stack via SSH
from machines running Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 2003.  However, if we
are logged into a Windows 2008R2 system...

Using PuTTY, we connect to the switch stack and get a login box.  After
providing user name and password, we are denied access.

Using telnet (MS version enabled in the "Features" page of Control
Panel/Applications), we can log in with no problem.

My preliminary Google searches seem to indicate that although SSH clients and
servers are not a part of Windows 2008, it is supported.  So far, nothing
regarding this inability to log in to other systems using SSH.  Again, this is
weird as a telnet session from the same Windows 2008 machine gives access.

Anyone???  Thanks!!!
--
Richard D. McClary
Jr Infrastructure Architect, Information Technology Group

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(r) (ASPCA(r)) and
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.

or send an email to