From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 11:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: iSCSI with HP/Brocade switches

Hey List.

I have our new Dell/Equalogic vSphere cluster up and running, but we have been
having some issues as of late with latency on switch side of the equation.

When we set up the cluster, we decided to use a pair of HP 2910al-24G switches.
These were not the switches recommended by our VMWare vendor (They recommended
a pair of Brocade 6610 switches). Now that we have been having these latency
issues, we are considering the recommended switches.

So here's my questions:

1) Has anybody used HP switches (2910al-24s or similar) as the iSCSI transport?
Has anyone seen similar issues, or are there some specific configurations that
need to be double-checked?

2) Anybody seen any issues with the Brocade switches? (I expect the answer to
be "no", but it's never too late/early to ask.)

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District