I've recently helped a company build out several branch offices and one to
deploy a remote datacenter.

We virtualized everything. Absolutely everything.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Vander Kooi [mailto:tvanderk...@expl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:24 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Servers in remote locations

I have got a number of servers at remote locations which are currently serving
as RODC and file and print servers. It is time to upgrade the hardware that
they are running on and I am curious with hypervisors and the technology of
today if people think it is of value to replace the existing servers with
servers running 2 separate virtual servers: 1 RODC, DNS, DHCP, and 1 file &
print; or would you run it all as one physical server with all roles installed?
The existing servers are 2008R2 and the new ones will be 2012. Ideas?