From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@sfgtrust.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:12 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Badging systems

I'm in the market for a new badge system.  We are a food production company
with several facilities.   Each facility currently has disparate systems for
staff that allow them entry into parking lots, exterior doors (some with
magnetic locks), some interior doors.  Criteria:

- swipe units must be environmentally hardy:  very hot or very cold for
exterior units.  Some units would be inside freezing or near freezing cooling
units.
- Active Directory integration would be a bonus, although not required.
- Bonus:  the ability to interface with external systems such as timekeeping,
ADP payroll, etc
- Centralized management:  management of devices here in HQ and configuration
may replicate/reside on a local controller.
- Local support on the East Coast and Central regions of USA critical.

We currently use the badges for photo ID as well as access.  Most systems seem
to accommodate this nowadays.   At my last place I used Hirsch systems and they
worked okay, but I had issues with remote controllers.  So I'm looking to at
least learn what the rest of you use.

Tom

or send an email to