I originally had two Linksys 54G WAPs in the attic doing point to point to
a neighbors house until heat killed them.

I now have 2 Groove 5Hnof these and some external antenna's doing point to
point to a friends house.
http://routerboard.com/RBGrooveA5Hn

Mine came with PoE injectors so they only have the network cable wired up
to them.  I got them from Streakwave a while ago and they work.

Someone I know who does this type of thing professionally in Sweden said he
likes Ubiquiti product better as he thinks they are more reliable and don't
randomly reboot under load (something I haven't experienced).  If I knew
him when I got mine I probably would have followed his advice.  I haven't
had any issues with mine but between us we only have about 10-15 systems.

http://streakwave.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=Bullet2HP%2DUS

I stumbled across these things by accident.  The Routerboard products are
quirky to get going but once you find the right docs on their site and read
the directions carefully they just worked.  I haven't touched them since I
got them setup.  They just sit up there on the antenna and pass traffic.

 That's about all I got for you but it may be a product avenue you hadn't
known of.

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org