Absolutely nothing, unless you've done this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935834

But if that third party application is running in your forest already, it
doesn't even need that.

From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: AD Simple LDAP authentication question

I'm looking into this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778124(v=ws.10).aspx

Which I wasn't aware of before. Looks like what I was interested in, but then I
read this:

"This setting does not have any impact on ldap_simple_bind or
ldap_simple_bind_s. No Microsoft LDAP clients that are shipped with Windows XP
Professional use ldap_simple_bind or ldap_simple_bind_s to talk to a domain
controller."

So for example if you use LDP to do a simple bind, it will use
ldap_simple_bind_s. So what is to stop a 3rd party application from sending a
request like that?

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Architect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise Architecture
and Engineering Services

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE350D.D6F15430]

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com<http://www.guardianlife.com/>