Then you will need to use a function or a filter to select the proper email
addresses.

Who do you know which ones are the right ones?

From: Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife [mailto:joseph.hea...@wildlife.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:10 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Need to create a csv through Powershell/Exchange Shell

The class is:

Automate Windows Server Administration with Powershell 2.0
Microsoft course #: 10325

We have a training facility here, called IS Inc.

Here's what I've found so far:

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Select Name -expandemailaddresses | select
SmtpAddress

Unfortunately, that just lists everyone's e-mail addresses; all of them.  We
have a temp address as well as the new and old addresses.  The temp address
allows the old Groupwise system to forward mail over to the new Exchange
mailbox.

The attributes I've found that I "could" use, if I go through AD, vs. Exchange:

givenName - first name
mail - e-mail address (primary, but this field is not filled out for everyone.
It gets filled out properly when the user is migrated to Exchange)
sn - Last name

proxyAddresses - gives me all e-mail addresses, but this will include addresses
that I don't want, as well as those that I do.

Joe Heaton
Enterprise Server Support
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife
1807 13th Street, Suite 201