Currently a sole proprietor but headed for the LLC. I had been thinking
about going to LLC and had talked with a lawyer but the cost was higher than
I wanted to spend. My accountant also suggested that I get there sooner
rather than later and suggested that using an online mechanism was the wayto
go. He gave me www.legalzoom.com as the way several of his oher client went.
Ihope to get started on the process next week. I need to get my tax stuff
together for the accountant so I'm not late on that issue.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Angus Scott-Fleming <angu...@geoapps.com>wrote:

> How many of the consulting types here on the list are incorporated, how
> many of
> you are LLCs, and how many are just sole-proprietors or members of a
> partnership?  If you're incorporated, are you an S-corp or a C-corp, and
> why?
> Feel free to answer off-list, I'll tally results and post the answer later.
>
> Don't know how many of you might be interested in this, but for the next
> couple
> of weeks Intuit (maker of Quicken, Quickbooks, and TurboTax software) is
> offering LLCs and incorporation services free.  See this website for more
> info:
>
>    Incorporate Online, Incorporation Services, LLC, Trademark
>    http://mycorporation.intuit.com/?cid=web_intuit_sbn_inc_free
>
> Angus
>
> P.S. If you answer off-list, please keep "Incorporate, LLC, or ???" in the
> subject line so I can anti-spam-proof the answers ;-)

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com