We have 1 server running terminal services. We use hosted exchange. Our host
has provided a utility called outlookph (outlook profile helper). This is only
supposed to create a new outlook profile (to access the user mailbox on the
hosted server). When I first setup outlook 2007 on the terminal server a year
ago, I created 10 user profiles, no problem with this utility. Now, when I run
the utility in a user session, for a new user, the utility complains about
outlook or other email program being open, and will not create the profile.

So, I rebooted the server. Allowed other users back in. Logged in as new user,
and checked processes under taskmanager, noting no email apps running, ran the
outlookph, again same message. Checked with the other 2 current users (in
session), and both are running outlook. So, I guess, somehow this utility is
able to see outlook running in the other user sessions, but the user cannot see
any processes other than their own, under task manager. This does not seem
right to me.
Shouldn't the server prevent this from happening?

Server 2003 r2 sp2, fully patched. Terminal services is app mode. Office
standard 2007 sp1.

Gene Giannamore
Abide International Inc.
Technical Support