I have a laptop with Windows 7 rc1 (build 7100) exhibiting a lockup with
Stop 0x00000124. The crash is preceded with DNS errors and nearby is an
error inplicating a failed processor. This is a Gateway M1626 laptop with an
AMD Turion x2 @ 2.0ghz with 4gb RAM. It seems to have this group of errors
while trying to come out of hibernate mode. Event logs indicate that it went
to sleep and then into hibernation over night and when I hit the power
switch to bring it back to life it comes up with mouse & keyboard frozen. I
have to hard power down and then power it up again to get anywhere. Doing so
brings up the DOS question about coming back from an improper shutdown. It
comes back with the normal messages about a problem and wants to phone home
to find a solution. If you let it phone home it does not find a solution. It
runs fine for hours if you don't let it hibernate. I think I will stop the
hibernation from happening and see if the problem goes away. Maybe I can
isolate it to a hibernation issue.

Anyone have thoughts? Something else to try, maybe?

--
Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland