Have you added Domain Computers (or similar security group) to the security
settings of the GPO? We see this fairly regularly with Computer specific GPOs
due to computer groups not being added by default.
TVK

From: Bill Songstad (WCUL) [mailto:administra...@waleague.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: GPO puzzler

Scenario:
W2k3 domain
Vista Business SP2 workstation

Goal:
Disable offline folders

Strategy:
Create AD OU:  Domain > Local machines > vista workstations
Place workstation into OU
Create and link "disable offline folders" GPO to the previously mentioned OU
                Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network >
Offline Files > Allow or disallow use of the Offline Files Feature = disabled
Wait several hours, reboot, wait again, run gpudate /force on the client, wait,
reboot, wait

Result:
Offline files are still available and syncable

Any idea where I dropped the ball on this?
Running the Group Policy Results Wizard on the workstation  shows the policy
applied on the Computer Configuration but denied on the User Configuration with
the reason "empty".
Running the Group Policy Modeling Wizard with the same OUs shows nothing would
be denied.

Googling, Binging, and banging my head comes up with the usual culprit being
trying to apply a user setting to an OU with only computers in it.  But in this
case I'm dealing with a computer setting in a group that only contains
computers.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill