Is anyone here using smart cards for logon?  If so, are you also using
Tumbleweed DV?

We are looking into enabling smart card authentication at one of our
locations, and my boss's boss has asked me to put together a Visio document
showing the logon process.  We would be using Tumbleweed DV and I am trying
to fit that into the Windows logon process.

I found this document from Microsoft:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd277377.aspx#EDAA

The document is from Windows 2000, but I don't think much has changed with
the smart card authentication process.  This is also the only document that
I have been able to find from Microsoft which applied to what I was looking
for.  My hunch is that Tumbleweed DV would fit in right after step 4 and
before step 5, to verify that the certificate is still valid.  Would someone
be able to verify that I am correct?  Or if I'm wrong, tell me where it
should fit into the process?

Thanks for the help!

Rob