Looking for a solution (GUI or CLI). We create numerous PDFs from numerous
other documents, that are spread across our server. Occasionally the editable
file's filename changes (because people cannot decide the best filename), or
the file's location changes. The originals are usually word or excel documents,
with some scanned or downloaded PDFs thrown in. Since there are so many
"projects", and the source files are constantly being updated (different ones
at different times), I am hopping there might be a better way than each day,
checking to see which files where updated, then recreating the PDF project and
manually drap and drop into the combine pdf window (adobe acrobat 8 standard).
I use Nero 6 (OEM), and it has a way to save my CD projects, and I believe it
gives a message if a file is missing (because of a move or rename). It would be
nice if there was a similar way to do my PDF projects.

Maybe there is a way to use acrobat 8 standard via the CLI to accomplish this
(still haven't found a way to convert or print to pdf via CLI).

Gene Giannamore
Abide International Inc.
Technical Support
561 1st Street West