See if this applies.  (Taken from
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=246876)

This issue is typically caused by an invalid registry value in the
Restore subkey for the DFSR service. Look at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dfsr\Restore.

There will be a sub key named year-date-time the restore was done with
two values. One of those

values will be the network name that was used to perform the remote restore.

- Backup and delete the restore subkey

- Restart DFSR (if it won't stop, restart machine).

- After the reg value is removed the service start and stop will be normal