From: James Hill [mailto:james.h...@superamart.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Outlook 2010 - Social Connectors

We are currently piloting Outlook 2010 and I'm interested in everyone's
thoughts on the Social Connectors.

Whilst not all of the connectors
<http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/outlook-social-connector-
partner-listing-FX101812910.aspx>  are available yet it won't be long
before they are.

What is interesting to me is that it opens up a much larger social/work
interconnect then we had before.  Whilst we allow staff to use Social
Networking apps like Facebook we also limit the amount of use to an hour
per day(so they can spend their whole lunch break on there if they
wish).  But with integration into business apps, Outlook, the potential
for interruption will be huge.

I'm also curious about the security implications:-

* These programs may send the e-mail addresses from e-mail you send and
receive to third-party social networks. The social networks may use the
e-mail addresses to provide you activity feeds.

What's to stop this info being spread to other Facebook apps?  Farmtown
invites will be going to the CEO from their assistants friends in no
time J

Many businesses have a strict policy on social networking which results
in zero access.  We haven't taken that approach here as some research
suggests there MAY be benefits to allowing it.

Interesting times ahead.