Could be, but wouldn't that be about as noisy as rebooting the box?

Regardless, with advice from the AD list, I solved it by opening
gpmc.msc, applying the 'Check published state' GPO to the OU in which
that server resided, with enforcement, and setting the interval to 30
minutes.

Much happier now.

Kurt