On 5 May 2010 at 14:27, Charlie Kaiser  wrote:

> Our MO at my last larger multi-site client was to have individual accounts,
> one for each PC. That way there was no compromise of any other machine if one
> pw was passed around. I used Steve Riley's Passgen tool to create and
> retrieve strong pws. Some scripting allowed me to change the local account on
> each machine as long as I had connectivity to it.
>
> Here's a link to some info about the tool...
>
> http://blogs.technet.com/steriley/archive/2008/09/29/passgen-tool-from-my-bo
> ok.aspx

FWIW the Passgen tool is no longer available from his Skydrive.

I use the old freeware DCPC (Danish Company Password Changer) tool to change
passwords on multiple computers simultaneously.  Of course

    PSEXEC \\computername NET USER username password

will set a password remotely -- if you have admin rights to the remote box
already.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona