It looks like it was some variant Antivirus Pro 2009.  The odd part is that
I never clicked on anything to prompt it's "install."  It looks like it
changed my IE and FF proxy settings and performed a man in the middle,
either that or it just harvested while I was logged into gmail.  I've
checked my Sent items in gmail and did not see the actual sent messages in
there.  But my proxy settings were definitely changed (although no IP
addresses were listed as the proxy in either of them.)

In any case, I've gone to another machine and changed my password and I am
flattening my laptop and rebuilding it.  It was time for that to happen
anyway.