From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 11:30 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SAN Storage

Looking for a little feedback folks.

We've got a SAN replacement coming up in a few months.  We're pretty much a
vmware shop except where a service has to run on a physical server (IO cards
etc.).

The vendors I'm primarily looking at are Lefthand, Equallogic and Netapp, and
possibly EMC since Dell can quote on an EMC solution as well as Equallogic.

I've not had quotes yet, but so far my instincts are leaning towards Netapp,
mainly because of the things I keep hearing about NFS for vmware, as well as
the fact they seem to offer a lot of flexibility whereas Lefthand and
Equallogic offer iSCSI and, well yeah, they offer iSCSI.

Be interested to hear any experiences, especially around vmware and replication
between SANs at live/backup sites (not a live failover site but a "this will
take a little work but we have a copy of the data that's an hour old" site).
________________________________
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

You are currently subscribed to ntsysadmin as: arch...@mail-archive.com.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/u?id=8142875.a9cf90b99baa17cb4fcf8293a59eb3b1&n=T&l=ntsysadmin&o=9079425
or send a blank email to