Agreed, but the OP was talking about a product that his client is selling.
Consulting with their customers about their network/domain design may be way
beyond the scope of their business.  I interpreted the post as looking for
suggestions to improve the security of the product that might be installed
on any number of widely varying domain and network configurations.  What
would you suggest in that regard?

Jeff