Are you trying to use the same SRP ID on both servers while they are both
running?

From: Level Five - List [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 10:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: BES 4.0 - 5.0

I have a bes 4.0 on win2k that's being migrated to 2008/bes5

It was installed with sql express so I cant use the wizard apparently to
swing it over. I figured I could just remove the user from 4, and add them
into 5.

When I do this I get an error on the bes5 that its seeing an unexpected pin
number or serial number, so I master reset the phone (which makes sense) ,
and then re-activate again but then nothing happens, not even a check into
the bes server. The etp.dats are showing up in the mailbox and disappearing
as expected. If I put the user back on bes4 and activate it comes right up.

Could this be  because I have the same domain registering with 2 bes
servers? In looking up how to do it, looks like my options are to swing it
over (which I cant) or wipe the phone and reset them, annoying but okay, I
would just like to get 1 to work so I know I will be good once I start doing
everyone's.

Any hints/suggestions ?