Using what...ASB?  Abso-freakin'-lutely

Shook

From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:scaes...@caesare.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:20 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Enterasys gear...

Anybody here using it?

-sc

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:11 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

You should look at tech from Blade Networks...

ASB (My XeeSM Profile)<http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker>
Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Steven M. Caesare
<scaes...@caesare.com<mailto:scaes...@caesare.com>> wrote:
...blows chunks.

We had two 10Gb switches(C5's) in the datacenter go south last night.... both
locking up the port on the CORE switch(S4) they were connected to. These
switches were just installed last Friday.

Of course, the core switch shows an error condition on the front panel LED
(solid orange), and activity on that port simply ceases, yet the CLI happily
reports that port connection status is OK.

This is the 4th C5 out of less than 10 that we've had issues with. Their other
models and previous generation gear all seems to have similar issues.

We have been stuck with it here for a while now, but this piece of straw may
have broken the camel's back.

-sc

or send an email to

or send an email to