+2
But to be fair, it really is a religious war. You will find people who like
one or the other. Personally I am a huge ESX fan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garcia-Moran, Carlos [mailto:cgarciamo...@spragueenergy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: VMWare vs Hyper-V

+1 For VMware, they are by far a more robust, flexible , 3rd party
+supported, great tools for it. That being said, they aint cheap setup
+does require some extra knowledge but don't think more than learning
+Hyper-V from scratch

It all depends on your requirements, budget, DR planning etc... I've been
using Vmware for quite a few years now and it has done well by me, While I
dabbled in Hyper-V at the time it didn't compare. You can have a production
ready VM host in around 30 minutes provided you have a Server, Network and
Storage for it