I need some recommendations on a PDA. We want to go the inexpensive way with no data plan.
The PDA will have to sync with outlook mail, calendar, and contacts.
will have to be able to open word and excel documents.
will have to be able to copy files to it.  (not email)
will have to sync either by usb cable or wireless.  (preferrably usb cable.)
Have a newer operating system. (it seems that all palm devices are end of life or phones.)

As far as I know the iTouch will not open word or excel documents and you cannot copy documents to them.
They want something small, net books and iPads are too large.
iPAQ, a little bigger than wanted.