1. If you select the Cluster in the left hand tree, there should be a
virtual machines tab on the right hand side that will show you all of the
VMs and which host they're on.  If it isn't showing hosts you should be able
to right click on the column headings and add a hosts column.

2.  The VM will start up on whichever host it resides on.  It won't ask
you.  You can migrate it to another host if you want it to be elsewhere.
(right-click on the VM and select migrate)

3.  That sounds correct.

(my responses were based on 4.0;  I assume 4.1 isn't too dissimilar)

Jeff