I use this one. Always works...
http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 2:46 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: USB to Serial interface

All,

Just search my archives, and don't see a definitive answer, so thought I'd ask
here.

Does anyone have a brand recommendation for a usb to serial interface for a
Win7 laptop?

I've just got a brand new Dell E6510 with Win7 Pro on it, and need to config
some network equipment.

I know that under XP some of our folks had mixed results, and definitely had
some brand preferences, but I don't know the situation under Win7 at all.

Thanks,

Kurt