From: John Cook [mailto:john.c...@pfsf.org]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 8:26 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: iSCSI SANs vs FibreChannel SANs

I have 3 MD3000/3200i SANs and they work wonderfully. That being said I found
that while the fiber has better throughput (we also have an old 2Gb EMC AX150
fiber SAN) It was a lot more expensive to set up (Fiber switches aren’t cheap)
and of course you need some marginal capability in configuring said switch.

 John W. Cook

System Administrator

Partnership For Strong Families

5950 NW 1st Place

Gainesville, Fl 32607

Office (352) 244-1610

Cell     (352) 215-6944

MCSE, MCP+I, MCTS, CompTIA A+, N+, VSP4, VTSP4