An A+?!?!  For a senior person?!?  I'd run away. I've never had an A+ in my 15
years nor do I have a current MCanything.

From: Sean Martin <seanmarti...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:47:28
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: Re: Morale killer...

David,

These types of scenarios can definitely be frustrating. Especially when it's
acknowledged that you're qualified for the position. I don't mean to sound
like I'm trying to one up you or anything, but I find myself in a similar
predicament. I've been in the field almost as long as you, and with my
current employer going on 10 years. I've been told for the past year (or
longer) that I am more than qualified to be promoted to a Senior Analyst
position. On top of that, I already have the same level of responsbilities,
project load, attend the same meetings, etc. as the existing Senior
Analysts. However, my manager (or their boss) wants to see an updated
certification. My MCP, MCP+I and MCSE are all from NT4 and my CCA is from
Presentation server 4. They'd like to see an MCITP level cert. This
frustrates me because I'm handling the workload of a senior analyst, my
vacation requests are scrutinized because of their lack of providing
cross-training  opportunities leaves me the ony resident "expert" on a
number of key systems, yet I can't "officially" handle the new title until I
obtain a new cert. With all of that said, they've clearly outlined to me
what it will take to be promoted and I have yet to meet those requirements.
In the end, I have no one else to blame but myself. I'll admit that my
family life takes presedence over my desire to study. Of course the recent
straw that is about to break the camels back is the fact that they recently
added an A+ cert to my list of existing training requirements....but anyway,
I digress.

If it's not clear to you what is required to be promoted, ask for
clarification. If you feel that the requirements don't warrant the results,
it may be time to start looking for other opportunities.

- Sean