If I understand the situation correctly, you want to route everything coming
from a VPN address back through the VPN tunnel and everything else to the
internet?
I think what you want to do is make the default gateway 192.168.6.250 and
create a static route for VPN:

route -p add <VPN ENDPOINT IP ADDRESS>  mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.6.1

I'm assuming a single VPN address in this example, the address that is on
the other side of the tunnel.
If the addresses are not being translated over the VPN, but on another
network, you may be able to use the network instead of the vpn endpoint,
i.e. 172.16.1.0  (or whatever the addresses look like over there.  You will
need to adjust the subnet mask if this is the case).

hope this helps some.

Jeff

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:27 AM, bruno cantin <
bruno.can...@genevahelpdesk.com> wrote:

> Hi team.
> Have a problem i can't figure out…
> ORIGIN
> Server Win2k3 configured as TSE server with 1 nic,dedicated to VPN between
> the main site and a near site : it is setup by the local ISP and impossible
> to modify without their assistance… Local address
> 192.168.6.20/255.255.255.0/192.168.6.1
> EVOLUTION
> To be able to connect to the server from ANY place in the world
> So i've set up a nic (number2)  dedicated to a DSL line (with a local modem
> router than i can manage)…Local address
> 192.168.6.227/255.255.255.0/192.168.6.250
> PROBLEM
> When i configure the nic2 without a gateway, the VPN from distant site
> works fine….
> When i add the gateway 192.168.6.250 which is my local modem-router address
> ,the VPN clients on the distant site can't connect anymore …they see an RDP
> error message
>
>  Remote desktop can't connect
>
> Try to reconnect….
>  When i disactivate nic1 and let my local modem-router address, i have
> Internet, ok, and i can connect through RDP from anywhere…but no VPN….
>
> I'm confused….Is Windows able to deal with these 2 nics and this
> configuration ?
>

> Any help VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYY welcome….
>

>  Bruno CANTIN
>

>   ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~

> To manage subscriptions click here:

  • vpn issue bruno cantin
    • Re: vpn issue Jeff Bunting