You could just put such a small attachment size restriction on them that
nothing would go.

Say 1K.

From: Jeff S. Gottlieb [mailto:jeff.s.gottl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:47 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: BLOCKING end-users from ATTACHING and EMAILING...

We are searching for a method to BLOCK end-users from ATTACHING and EMAILING
[sensitive] docs located on a SPECIFIC FOLDER of the share.

What we have accomplished thus far:

1) Using Sophos we activated "Device Control" preventing end-user from
coping to Storage, Network, or Short Range devices

2) Using Sophos we also activated "Data Control". thus creating email alerts
detailing the sender /recipient, time /date, and name /location of
attachment

3) All documents are converted to PDF with security options that prevent
copy /paste, and printing

4) End-users are NOT allowed Internet access

Owners are left *totally* unsatisfied with all the above, as these measures
are not preventative enough.

Leaving any of the end-users without ability to email is NOT an option.

Leaving a [public] workstation open, available with access to this SPECIFIC
FOLDER, and then having no email /Internet is NOT an option.

These end-users are all in the CAD design department.

Given the nature of the business, suffice-it-to-say, one drawing in email
could represent a significant loss.

Sadly, the owners feel they cannot entirely rely on the loyalty of
generously paid employees [with great benefits], company policies, and or
legalese.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. comments. Cheers, -J

EMPLOYEE Supposition:

Surely in created the level of sophistication placed in Sophos with Device &
Data Control suggests that a greater need exists to protect the employer's
intellectual property.

Along with these concepts, the end-users themselves have become more
sophisticated and perhaps unfortunately [these days] more-willing to place
their positions on the line.

I guess if we've done our IT job. than the end-users ONLY option is to snap
a photo using a cell-phone.

What then will the employer do?? Add company policy to include NO CELL
PHONES?? Imagine a world AT WORK without texting, tweeting, and the
occasional personal call??? Ouch!

EMPLOYER Supposition [slave-master]:

Add video surveillance too!!!! :--/