Where is your python located> I have installed numpy 1.1.0 using the
binary installer successfully on 10.5.3 but I am using ActiveState
python. I think the problem might be that the installer looks in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ for python, while the standard
python is located somewhere else.

Cheers
   Tommy