A Thursday 12 February 2009, Dag Sverre Seljebotn escrigué:
> FYI, I am one of the core Cython developers and can make such
> modifications in Cython itself as long as there's consensus on how it
> should look on the Cython mailing list.  My problem is that I don't
> really know OpenMP and have little experience with it, so I'm not the
> best person for creating a draft for how such high-level OpenMP
> constructs should look like in Cython.

I don't know OpenMP enough neither, but I'd say that in this list there
could be some people that could help.

At any rate, I really like the OpenMP approach and prefer to have
support for it in Cython much better than threading, MPI or whatever.
But the thing is: is OpenMP stable, mature enough for allow using it in
most of common platforms?  I think that recent GCC compilers support
the latest incarnation (3.0) of the standard, but IIRC, MSVC 2008 only
supports OpenMP 2.5 specification.  I'm not sure how this would affect
a possible implementation in Cython, tough.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted