> 2009/4/7 Tobias Lindberg <tobias.lindb...@byggvetenskaper.lth.se>:
> Background:
> I have installed the Python(xy) package (full) (numpy 1.2.1.2) both on my XP
> and Vista machine. On both these machines I have VS2008 installed as well.
>
> Then I read that one could write like this;
>
> f2py -m test -c test.f90 --compiler=mingw32
>
> Then I got this error;
>
> error: f90 not supported by GnuFCompiler needed for fort_mod.f90
>
> so then I check which fcompilers there were and got this;
>
> Fortran compilers found:
>   --fcompiler=gnu  GNU Fortran 77 compiler (3.4.5)
> Compilers available for this platform, but not found:
>   --fcompiler=absoft   Absoft Corp Fortran Compiler
>   --fcompiler=compaqv  DIGITAL or Compaq Visual Fortran Compiler
>   --fcompiler=g95      G95 Fortran Compiler
>   --fcompiler=gnu95    GNU Fortran 95 compiler
>   --fcompiler=intelev  Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Itanium apps
>   --fcompiler=intelv   Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for 32-bit apps
> and the thing is that I have this g95.py under
> c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\fcompiler\
>
> so why does  not this thing wotk? And more important, how can I make it
> work?

g95.py isn't a FORTRAN compiler, it's some code to help NumPy find out
what compilers are available on your system.

Since you seem to have g77 installed, I assume this is part of either
a mingw or cygwin installation on your machine. I suggest using the
relevant package manager (cygwin or mingw setup.exe or whatever) to
find and install g95 or gfortran. You should then be able to compile
FORTRAN90 source code.

If you make sure that you can compile a simple FORTRAN90 program at
the command line before trying f2py, you'll probably have better
luck..

Cheers,
Scott