On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 13:52, Chris Colbert<sccolb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I build numpy from source via:
>
> python setup.py build
> sudo python setup.py install
>

> the nosetests fail because of permissions:

What permissions do your files have? If they're not readable for
whatever reason, you would be SOL no matter what. The only fixable
issue I am aware of is that nosetests does not like to collect tests
in executable files (nose 0.11 has an option to permit that). However,
I don't know why such a standard installation would do either of those
things.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."