Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>>> This also applies to scipy code that relies on BLAS as well. Lisandra
>>> Dalcin gave me a tip that is close to this one some months ago
>>> (http://matt.eifelle.com/2008/11/03/i-used-the-latest-mkl-with-numpy-and.../).
>>> The best official solution is to statically link against the MKL with
>>> Python.
>>>

>> IIUC, it should be enough to load the .so-s in GLOBAL mode once. So it
>> is probably enough to ensure NumPy is patched in a way so that SciPy
>> loads NumPy which loads the .so-s in GLOBAL mode, so that a seperate
>> patch for SciPy is not necesarry. (Remains to be tried, I'm moving on to
>> building SciPy now.)
>>

> Indeed, it should be enough.
>

>> As for static linking, do you mean linking MKL into the Python
>> interpreter itself? Or statically linking with NumPy?
>>

> statically linking with numpy. This is what was advised to me by Intel.

Somehow I didn't manage to do that.

a) search_static_first does not seem to work for me
b) moving the .so's out of the way does manage something, but mkl_lapack
only exists in .so form. Moving only that back in still didn't work.

In the end I stopped playing, even more as RTLD_GLOBAL seems a superior
solution, even if Intel isn't willing to directly support it...

Dag Sverre