Hi Bruce,

In the context of the actual problem, I have a long series of
non-equidistant and irregularly spaced float numbers and I have to take
values between given limits with the constraint of keeping a minimal
separation. Option 2 just misses the first value of the input array if
it is within the limits, but for my purposes (perform a fit with a given
function) is acceptable. I said "this seems to be quite close to what I
need" because I do not like missing the first point because that gives
equivalent but not exactly the same solutions.

By the way, thanks for the % hint. That should make the .astype(int)
disappear and make the expression look nicer.

Armando