Ugh! I miss all that stuff anytime I have to use matlab. Working with
strings sucks especially hard.

In fact, I've tried reimplementing half of the tools I wish I had. If
anyone cares:

    http://github.com/jesusabdullah/methlabs

I'd love feedback. Perhaps ironically, I haven't used it much, due to
not wanting to give my matlabs dependencies. :/

--Josh