I just ran across the problem of priorities with ndarrays again and it
keeps biting me.  I did once ago a workaround to get my ``undarray``
class's methods be called when being the second operand of e.g.
<ndarray> + <undarray>.  But since I wrote it, always Python crashes
on exit with the message:

Python-32(68665) malloc: *** error for object 0x239680: incorrect
checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being
freed.

(Of course only if I imported the module.  Occasionally I also
observed Bus errors, and even segfaults.)
I overloaded the numpy ops via numpy.set_numeric_ops() with
self-written classes, which are *not* derived from numpy.ufunc, and do
not resemble numpy ufuncs completely.

So I want to do it properly this time.

I therefore started with writing a Letter of Intent, and put it online
on http://github.com/friedrichromstedt/priops .

Opinions?

Friedrich

P.S.: I will start coding anyway, but it would be nice.

P.P.S.: The package this originates from is also online, under
http://github.com/friedrichromstedt/upy, or
http://upy.sourceforge.net.  I will probably create a small example
script demonstrating the crash.