Hi,

I have the same problem as Martin DRUON, who wrote 10 days ago:
> I have a problem with the ufunc return type of a numpy.ndarray derived
> class. In fact, I subclass a numpy.ndarray using the tutorial :
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/basics.subclassing.html
>
> But, for example, if I execute the "max" ufunc from my subclass, the return
> type differs from the return type of the numpy ufunc.

BTW: http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1904 is meant to describe this,
although the example code misses the actual calls to a1.min() and a2.min() in
the assertion:

# ---------------------------------------------------
import numpy

class Test(numpy.ndarray):
    pass

a1 = numpy.ndarray((1,))
a2 = Test((1,))

assert type(a1.min()) == type(a2.min()), \
  "%s != %s" % (type(a1.min()), type(a2.min()))

This code fails with 1.6.0, while it worked in 1.3.0.

I tend to think that this is a bug (after all, a1.min() does not return
ndarray, but an array scalar), but maybe there is also a good reason for this
(for us, unexpected) behavor change and a nice solution?

Have a nice day,
  Hans