On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gomm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <tho...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 19:25, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gomm...@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > In another thread Jira was proposed as an alternative to Trac. Can you
>> > point
>> > out some of its strengths and weaknesses, and tell us why you decided to
>> > move away from it?

>> Jira reminded me of Java.
>

> OK, you convinced me:)
>
> Ralf

Having just created a NumPy ticket
(http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2065) I feel pretty strongly
about moving the issue tracker to GitHub--the lack of attachments is
easy to work around. I think it will help a lot for building more
community engagement with the development process. My experience using
it with pandas has been very positive-- I have churned through around
700 issues over the last 12 months and I've never felt like it's
gotten in my way (except for the occasional CSS/JS bugs in the web
UI).

- Wes