01.05.2012 08:52, Travis Oliphant kirjoitti:
[clip]
>> 3. No attachments for issues (screenshots, supporting documents, etc.).
>>  Having API access to data won't help you here.
>
> Using gists and references to gists can overcome this.   Also using an
> attachment service like http://uploading.com/ or dropbox makes this
> problem less of an issue really.

I'm not so sure this works for binary data. At least for Scipy, one
sometimes needs to submit also data files. The needs here are probably
somewhat different from IPython which can probably live with small text
snippets, for which gists do work.

The problem with using an external services I see is guaranteeing that
the file still is there when you go looking for it (three years after
the fact --- shouldn't happen in principle, but it does :). Dropbox I
think is not good for this --- people will delete their stuff. I'm not
sure about other attachment services.

        Pauli